Monday 4 January 2010

The right way

There are many hopes and wishes I have for this year, some of which I will convey here over the next few weeks, but one of the most important things to me is to organise a naming ceremony for little Wilbur. At the moment he is still tiny and getting used to us, but hopefully March will be a good time and by then we should be in the new house and ready to have a few people round to join us in welcoming him to the world.
So just for the moment I am collecting poems and readings that we might use, I found this on mybabycelebration.co.uk and I love it.

Footprints

“Walk a little slower Daddy” said a child so small
“I’m following in your footsteps and I don’t want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they’re hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I’m all grown up,
You’re what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who’ll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So walk a little slower Daddy,
For I must follow you.

Anon


No comments:

Post a Comment