Friday 25 September 2009

Friday 25 September

28 weeks today! To shake it up a bit, I'll start with today's outfit, an outfit that actually garnered a wolf whistle (despite the fact that I am over 6 months pregnant and was carrying Mothercare bags at the time - very odd???). So the trousers are the old favourite Isabella Oliver ones, in black jersey, they are fab as they have a top which comes right up over the bump, making you feel nice and secure, but which can also be rolled down for those who prefer the under-bump style. I love these trousers as I can't seem to get to grips with the popular side adjusting adjusting type trousers, with the elastic and the buttons, they don't ever seem comfortable to me, but I know others love them, so it must be something that I am doing wrong. I am today, wearing these with a petrol blue wrap top, bought for about 19 quid from ebay, it's great, as you can tie it however you like around you bump, so it grows with you - brilliant. I am so enjoying having the capsule feeling of my maternity wardrobe that I am quite dreading going back to normal clothes and having too much choice - I think a big ebay sale maybe looming at some point, so I can streamline! I am so glad also that Isabella Oliver now make non-maternity clothes, so I will be able to keep their chic classic shapes after the little monkey comes!

I have also managed to do all my birthing shopping, which should arrive any time soon from Mothercare and Boots online. Most of it is of the yawn yawn yawn boring variety (knickers, breast pads, lansinoh, nappies, etc), so I decided to treat myself to a great sleek change bag too - in fact this one here.

So my tip for today is: Ensure that you treat yourself to something really nice in amongst all the necessities. Nice but practical if you feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment