Thursday 1 October 2009

October already!



Wow, already October, but already feeling so so tired. Have been getting quite stressed about the baby coming and have decide to look into the Natural Birth Centre at West Middlesex Hospital, it might just be first-timer nerves but I really don't want to be in a hospital environment where I feel I may be put under pressure to take on medical intervention that I really don't want. One of the main things that attracted me to the centre at West Middlesex is that they have a Midwife led unit in the garden of the actual hospital and that a third of births take place in water. Also their top priority is to base their care on what women actually want and their research has shown that most women do not want an episiotomy. So they have drop in tours on Sundays which we will go to in the next couple of weeks, which is already so much more reassuring than St Peters who don't let you look around the wards.
So today's tip of the day is: make sure you explore all your options to make yourself feel as relaxed and happy as possible. Decide what you want and then find the place that offers the closet fit to that.

So, to the clothes - one fab place to check out is the wonderful Mamissima in Brighton's Mamissima in the North Laine area of Brighton. This shop alone makes me want to move to Brighton and walk around the boutiques with baby in his sling, stopping for herbal tea and carrot cake. Mamissima is where I found the BellyButton dress, which I fell in love with immediately and which was given more purchasing power by it's reduction from £75 to £25. It reminds a little of a 1950s house coat and despite the Bellybutton brand being Australian had a kind of loose Scandinavian feel to it.

Secondly, in today's picture I am wearing my usual favourite American Apparel black leggings with a non-maternity empire line vest top from Hennes (H&M). I don't think much of Hennes maternity range, but some of their regular clothes in a size above your usual size are great if you pick carefully. Finally I have accesorised (to lift the all black base) with a fuchsia pink pashmina from Accessorize.

No comments:

Post a Comment