Saturday 24 October 2009

Saturday 24th Oct - 55 days to go!


A bit slack on the blogging front I'm afraid. The days and weeks are going faster and faster, I can't believe that since I started this blog 45 days have gone and there are only 55 left to go. Although we are pretty organised, with my bag packed and all the stuff we need for the arrival of Master Thomas (god, I have even done my Christmas shopping), there suddenly seems so little time to gather all the information I need, especially for the birth. I am trying to catch up on all the yoga practice I was so eager but too lazy to do in the past few months. I also have started a university (albeit a distance learning one) in Creative Writing and so have got 6 months of that to do as well.
I did, however, manage to fit in a trip to The Baby Show, which turned out to be a pretty good day out actually. We watched with interest a presentation on getting your baby to read, at aged 7 months really??!!!!), more about this can be found here. Now, I'm not entirely sure I believe it entirely, but I have already made my own flashcards to teach our baby his first 50 words (maybe??), so we'll see in about September.
I also had some photos done to preserve me in my pregnant state, when I can't lose the wait and am just plain fat they may remind me of the great reason I got so fat in the first place! The photos haven't arrived yet, but they are up online here. We also managed to spend a lot of money, on various stuff we never knew we wanted, as well as getting a free gift of a complete set of Tommee Tippee bottles free with a reduced subscription to Prima Baby magazine, which turned out to be a proper bargain.
I have also discovered the most delicious and healthy breakfast, making the most of seasonal fruit and a limited edition coconut yogurt from Onken. Simply pour yogurt into a bowl and stir in two handfuls of blackberries - delicious. So today's thing to do is: Check out the masses of seasonal fruit on offer - even better if you can get it at a PYO farm.
So today's pregnancy outfit, again not actual maternity, but just a grey flower print tunic in a size above my usual size, worn (of course) with the ever trusty American Apparel leggings (over 7 months and still holding out, and these were pre-pregnancy wardrobe too!). The tunic was discovered in Sainsbury's, which I never go to, least of all food, for the bargain sale price of £9!

No comments:

Post a Comment