Monday 2 November 2009

Monday 2nd November


So, having not been exactly brilliant at the upkeep of this blog, and knowing that in the next 6 weeks this may get even more difficult to pursue, I have actually been getting hugely into other people's blogs, particularly those with a design / aesthetic lilt to them. The wonderful thing about blogs is that most of them have a role call of blogs they like, which will inevitably lead to discovering more delicious blogs, which then leads to the whole afternoon being lost in someone else's creativity, instead of your own. Which is the reason that my own writing has been subjugated to the middle of the night and probably means that the other people on my writing course think I'm some kind of nocturnal creature, due to the late hour of my postings.
Anyway, today, on my blog hunts, I came across this and decided to participate in their J.A.M of things that I was mainly doing in August, so here goes...

Reading: mainly other people's beautiful blogs (rolecall to come soon), also books on gentle birthing techniques and inspirational parenting books. And Alain de Botton's "A Week at the Airport," a philosophical look at his appointment as Writer in Residence at Heathrow Airport's Terminal 5.

Keeping: A positive attitude about birthing my baby, despite some people's attempts to regale me with horror stories.

Sewing: A cat cushion made from an old pillow case and a pair of pyjamas.

Watching: Films I have been recommended and ones that have received interesting reviews: Paranoid Park, An Education, The Visitor.

Trying: to enjoy the final 6 weeks of pregnancy and savour the moments, not wish them away.

Making: time to carry out my writing course and to participate in Nanowrimo, hopefully to actually complete it this year!

Congratulating: my brother on passing a naval firefighting course!


And that's all there is to it, if you want to participate too, you can add yourself by going to the August Street website (link above).

Finally, today's photo, is not an outfit, but a yummy breakfast which looked so beautiful I had to photograph it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Viktoria - thought I'd wish you the very best for the final 6 weeks.

    I have come across so many people participating in NaNoWriMo recently...it might be a sign for me to check it out.

    Thanks so much for playing along - join in again anytime!

    ReplyDelete